Becoming a Validator
After setting up the wallet, follow this guide to become a validator
You need to go through the following steps to become a validator:
- 1.Enroll with the network - do this from your phone after scanning the QR code in the launcher app;
- 2.Rotate and set the node keys - again, this is done from the phone;
- 3.Authenticate - from the phone again.
Let's look at these step by step:
Scan the QR code and open the web app on your phone.
- If you use the launcher, the QR code should automatically appear on the dashboard after you start the node.
- If you are using the CLI, see the
humanode-peer bioauth authurl --helpand use that command with proper flags. Don't forget to set the
On your phone, click on "Set up the Node." Remember, this is a one-time process.
On the next screen, click on Enroll first and Follow the instructions, scan your face, and you'll be enrolled. Then come back to the screen and click on Rotate and Set Keys.
Now you have your node properly set up. You only need to do this entire procedure once, and you'll need to re-enroll if required due to operational requirements (read: if we announce it) and re-rotate and set the keys when you want to discard your old node and set up a new one.
Now authenticate in the web app using your phone. Once you have successfully authorized, all the required checks in the launcher app will turn green. Alternatively, if you installed the node using CLI, you can check your validator status here.
After successful authentication, wait for the beginning of the next session after the current one, and you should find yourself in the validators list.
- Do not turn off your node.If the network detects your node went offline, you will be kicked off the validators list.
- Authenticate within the same session after your authentication expired