Becoming a validator
- 1.Set up a wallet and create an account you will use for your node.
- 3.Insert your private key mnemonic into the node.
- If you are using command line interface, use
humanode-peer bioauth key insert --chain mychain.json --suri <your mnemonic>command.You might have to stop your node if you have already started it.
- 4.Start your node.
- 5.Scan the QR code and open the web app on your phone.
- If you are using the launcher, the QR code should appear on the dashboard automatically after you start the node.
- If you are using the CLI, see the
humanode-peer bioauth authurl --helpand use that command with proper flags. Don't forget to set the
- 6.In the web app, go to the node setup and complete the following stepsNow you have your node properly set up. You only need to do this entire procedure once, and you'll need to re-enroll if required due to operational requirements (read: if we announce it) and re-rotate and set the keys when you want to discard your old node and set up a new one.
- 7.Now authenticate in the web app using your phone.
- 8.After successful authentication, wait for the beginning of the next session after the current one, and you should find yourself in the validators list.Your node should start occasionally producing blocks, and you should be able to see log events signalizing that "a new block is produced".
- Do not turn off your node.If the network detects your node went offline you will be kicked off the validators list.
- Authenticate within the same session after your authentication expired.